Daniel has gotten a start on Andie’s room and has made a TON of progress! The nursery is replacing Daniel’s police/music room so he has had a lot of stuff to move into the guest room and into storage. Our guest room is now more of a multi purpose room so he can still work on his music when he wants to and have a place for his police gear. We both felt that the space for the nursery was the best choice not only because of its size but also the fact that it is an interior room in our townhome (not sure how much of a difference that will make with a crying baby but I hope our neighbors know we thought of that at least!). It’s sort of an L – shaped room which I’m excited about because there is going to be great options for furniture placement. Once we get things cleared out of the room and start really working on it, I will start some “Nursery Progress” posts 🙂 In the meantime, I thought I’d share some of the furniture, art, and other decor finds that I’m excited about!
1. I think this print is just so sweet! It comes in different color combinations and lucky for me, coral and mint is one of them! 🙂 There are lots of other really cute prints in the shop so I may get another! Cheeky Albi Designs
2. Katie Daisy makes some of the most beautiful art – it just makes you happy looking at it. This print is just one of the many that I love. The Wheatfield
3. I found this crib online and I immediately fell in love. Extra storage underneath too? Score!
4. I found this print via Pinterest (I have a “Baby Herring” board of course!) and thought it was so beautiful – I’d love to get this in the nursery. Juliet does really amazing hand lettering, it’s hard to pick just one! Juliet Grace
5. I found this AMAZING idea on a blog I recently found, Cape 27. They have some really awesome home renovation and decoration ideas and I loved their nursery since it was very similar to the color scheme I’m going for. I’ve already decided to go with some pretty gray walls but the changing table idea? Genius. It’s an IKEA bookcase turned on its side with legs added and inexpensive drawer inserts added as well.
6. The epic alphabet pattern from Sublime Stitching is PERFECT for a little girl’s room. I cannot wait to stitch this for Andie!! 🙂
7. This pattern is from Sarah Jane Studios – I found it months ago and once I found out we were having a girl, I knew it was something I wanted to stitch as well. How adorable is that design?!
8. I recently found this fabric on Etsy and it is SO. CUTE. I really want to make this into a fitted crib sheet – I was given a link to a craft website and found a cheap pattern/instructions to make one. It promises that it’s super easy so I may try to make it myself! Just need to hunt down a sewing machine…. Gray Rayne Fabrics
I think now you might have a decent idea of what I’m going for in Andie’s nursery. I really want something that she can grow with so I’m trying to steer away from things that might be too baby-ish. A mix of some handmade items in her room will make it a little more special too 🙂 Can’t wait to get started!!!!